Thursday, April 02, 2015

Spending Time with Pa

 
I just want to say I will never forget this.
This has impacted us greatly.
This is from Steven 
"This is very sad and this is the only time I have cried in front of pa 
during this entire journey. Please read the whole thing, I am not making 
any judgments on this I am just sharing this conversation with everyone. 
This is very sad but I thought I should let everyone know. 
About 7:00 PM last night before moving Pa to the ICU 
Saturday, March 28, 2015 he woke up and we about a 20 minute conversation. 
Pa told me that he wanted to take everything off and get up. 
I asked him where he wanted to go if he got up. 
He told me that he wanted to go home. 
I asked where is your home and he said I don’t know. 
I said your home with the pool and he said no. 
He was trying to pull off his oxygen mask then and I said Pa you need that to breathe. 
He told me that he didn't want to breathe, 
I then asked him if he knows what happens if he does not breathe..."
 From Steven:
"He told me yes, that he will die. 
I asked him if he wanted to die and he said yes. 
So I asked him if he wanted to think about it longer and he told me no. 
I asked him if he was scared and he said no. 
He then said loudly many times I want to die. 
I asked him if he wanted me to call my mom so that he could tell her and he said yes. 
Stephanie had mom on the phone already and she gave me the phone 
and I told pa I had her on the phone and he could tell her if he really wanted to. 
I guess he thought that it was ma on the phone because 
he said Momma when he first got the phone up to his ear and I
could barely hear mom tell him that it was Karen on the phone. 
He then told her that he wanted to die. 
They had a conversation but I could not hear as I was just holding the phone up to Pa’s ear. 
After a while he quit talking so I took the phone back and mom 
told me thank you for having called her.
Pa did wake up briefly after this phone conversation and I asked him 
if he wanted me to tell ma anything and 
he said he wanted me to tell her that he wants to die. 
I asked him if he wanted to see if he could get better so I could take him
back to Oklahoma, he told me no. We then looked at the big
family picture again and he seemed to like that. 
Then Stephanie led, Pa and I in the lord’s prayer. 
Mom told me later that was one of his favorites. 
We told him again that we all loved him. 
Then it was coming time to move to the new room in ICU 
and told Pa we were getting ready to move to the next room and 
he was telling us to hurry. He went back to sleep
 a little after this time and was asleep when we moved to ICU.
This was the last conversation he had.
 This was probably the most sad I have been throughout 
this whole journey but I felt it would be important to share this with everyone."

We were both very glad to spend Saturday with Pa, we where there 7-8 hours.
I am thankful to have been there as everything happens for a reason,
this was very tough to go through but glad we were called to be there.
We will never forget this day and our last conversation with Pa.
 Pa loves seeing these two girls!
They picked pictures and made cards with Aunt Candace
He LOVES looking at his pictures of the beautiful family he and Ma created!
He loves the group family picture the best all those WONDERFUL people!

Steven Richard made sure I gave him this heart and we did Sat. he held it
and saw it.We have all been praying for Pa! We love you Pa!
 
 Here he is holding his FAVORITE family picture.
He LOVES this picture and wants the
group family picture on his headstone.
We have all been there for each other and Steven's Mom, as this is her Daddy!
They both mean the world to us and family and togetherness is what it is all about.
So thankful for the support and care everyone shows all the way around.
We love you Pa!
May you be resting in peace and watching over us all, your family.
Earl Charles Lairson
3:39 am April 2, 2015

"Oklahoma Sky"

How long has it taken me to find you
Five hundred years, five hundred thousand miles
It don't matter now
Love's always on time
Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky

Lightning flashed, everything went silent
A feather could have knocked me to the floor
Missing piece was found
I was finally alive
Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky

With the speed of sound
I'm homeward bound mhmm

All our sorrows swept away forever
Each and every tear washed out to sea
There ain't no goodbye
With your hand in mine
Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
Oklahoma sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving sweet comments!
I love to read them!

~Stephanie Hurst~